Office of the Secretary
To represent the Governor in issues involving DOT and to provide leadership as the department strives to be a transparent, efficient and accountable institution in which safety, performance management and customer satisfaction are of highest priority.
- Provide leadership and direction to the department in support of the statewide Long-Range Transportation plan.
- Enhance working relationships between the department and various external groups including but not limited to other state agencies, the legislature, municipal governments and civic associations.
- Assist the department in the protection of public assets and recovery of damages to those assets as allowed by law.
- Develop and maintain a Continuity of Operations Plan to ensure core business functions are performed during major disruptions of normal business activities.
Delaware Transit Corporation
The mission of the Delaware Transit Corporation (DTC) is to design and provide the highest quality public transportation services that satisfy the needs of the customer and the community.
- Improve efficiency of the Paratransit and fixed route services. Maximize statewide ridership by implementing an equitable fare structure for bus and train service.
- Define and develop bus and train service that meets community needs in an environmentally friendly way.
- Improve transit service operations efficiency through use of Automated Vehicle Locator (AVL) System.
- Maintain on-time performance rate for fixed route and paratransit services.
To provide our external and internal stakeholders with excellent and expedient customer service; to collect all revenue and pay all vendors in a timely manner; and to manage and maintain financial records in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles and in compliance with state and federal laws.
- Serve as steward of the department's financial functions, financial statement preparations and federal, state and department independent audit processes.
- Develop and manage the operating and capital budgets, including federal transportation appropriations and grants that support goals and other key departmental objectives.
- Process payables and receivables through a variety of sources in a timely manner and maximizing the use of the statewide procurement card and automated clearinghouse transactions.
The mission of Human Resources is to foster a culture that strives for excellence in transportation by recruiting and hiring a diverse and highly-qualified workforce through various outreach efforts; developing and retaining employees through continuous communication and training which provides career enhancement and advancement; and ensuring equity and fairness in all employment practices.
- Provide outreach at universities, schools and job fairs to encourage awareness of career opportunities at DOT.
- Foster a workplace environment that embraces diversity and encourages respectful treatment of all individuals.
- Communicate regularly with employees about benefits information.
- Provide key training that is relevant based on current operational needs and provides a foundation for both career enhancement and advancement within State government.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance for discipline and grievance administration.
- Complete a Performance Review for each employee at the end of the probationary period and/or during the calendar year.
- Develop and maintain a COOP to ensure that core business functions continue to be performed after major disruptions of normal business activities.
Maintenance & Operations
The mission of Maintenance & Operations is to provide excellence in transportation by keeping the state's road transportation network in a state of good repair through the careful and consistent application of personnel, equipment and financial resources.
- Perform emergency response to weather events, including winter snow removal and seasonal responses to conditions.
- Manage the Community Transportation Fund (CTF), ensuring requests are estimated, responded to and funded in an appropriate timeframe.
- Manage our equipment fleet maintenance to have our assets functional and available as needed to support our highway system maintenance activities.
The mission of the Division of Motor Vehicles is to provide excellence in transportation by providing courteous and efficient service to the public while protecting Delaware residents by establishing the validity of licensed drivers and ensuring safe and non-polluting vehicles are operated on Delaware roadways. Also, by providing a safe, efficient and environmentally-sensitive Toll network that offers a variety of convenient, cost-effective options for processing all vehicular traffic.
- Issue secure and accurate driver license and identification cards while ensuring those individuals obtaining Delaware credentials are representing their identity accurately, are in the country legally, meet all the requirements for obtaining driving privileges and have demonstrated their Delaware residency.
- Handle vehicle registrations, problem drivers, and commercial drivers, and maximize the collection of motor fuel taxes, toll receipts and other revenues in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
- Maintain an investigative unit to manage licensed vehicle dealer activities, deter fraud, identify theft, and monitor internal activities ensuring system security and customer confidence.
- Ensure the division has an effective employee development and succession planning process in place by continuing to offer the award-winning Management in Training program to employees.
- Provide outreach programs and services to enhance the overall quality of service to members of specific populations, such as teen drivers, senior drivers and Hispanic communities.
- Ensure continuous operation of the State's toll roads.
- Continue management oversight of the lease agreement to operate and maintain the Delaware Welcome Center and Service Plaza on I-95.
- Continuously review all motor vehicle lane facilities and toll plazas, to insure maintenance needs are met and improvements are made as needed.
The mission of the Planning Division is to provide excellence in transportation through an inclusive and comprehensive transportation planning and permitting process that seeks solutions to the state's transportation needs by balancing safety, choice, environmental stewardship, economic development, financial accountability, and quality of life.
- Work with internal and external customers to create plans that result in a comprehensive system of transportation options in coordination with state policies and local government comprehensive plans.
- Provide transportation information and advice to local governments with land use decision-making responsibilities to help coordinate zoning, subdivision and annexation decisions among state agencies, counties and municipalities.
- Support the State's efforts to discover and solve transportation problems by collecting, analyzing, summarizing and publishing transportation-related data in both tabular and graphic form that is also geographically enabled, including customer service and satisfaction data.
The mission of the Community Relations Division is to provide excellence in transportation through public outreach activities that result in an open, meaningful and informative dialogue between the agency, its employees and residents with the goal of achieving customer satisfaction among those who pay for and use the State's transportation system.
- Produce and support safety information campaigns that minimize the number of fatalities and injuries on our system.
- Conduct Customer Relations activities that support the construction and maintenance of a nationally recognized system benefiting travelers and commerce.
- Provide information to every traveler about the access and choices available from our transportation system.
- Provide every customer with the best service possible.
- Explain how we minimize the environmental impact of the State's transportation system.
- Support financial sustainability by providing department accuracy and transparency.
- Develop and maintain a department where talented, motivated employees love to work and can be national leaders in transportation.
Technology and Innovation Services
DelDOT Technology and Innovation Division support the overall delivery of transportation services through a collaborative approach with the other DelDOT divisions. The DelDOT Technology and Innovation team strives to maintain and deliver transportation systems and services with leading edge innovative tools and concepts that bring focus to citizen / customer service.
- Explore opportunities to implement e-government initiatives to improve service for the business community and the public.
- Develop and implement the technology required to support the department’s ongoing business goals and innovation.
- Provide a secure, reliable and fully-integrated telecommunications network in support of the department’s vision of excellence and accessibility.
The mission of the Division of Transportation Solutions is to provide excellence in transportation by developing, constructing and maintaining the State's infrastructure in a manner that results in a safe, cost-effective, and efficient multi-modal transportation network that enhances mobility commerce, and livability. In addition, Transportation Solutions provides high quality support services to other divisions in the department.
- Consistently deliver high-quality projects from concept through construction and ensure projects are completed as scheduled in the Capital Transportation program.
- Acquire property interests needed for protecting and improving the State's transportation system.
- Maximize operational efficiency of the transportation infrastructure by effectively using technology, such as video cameras and signal system coordination.
- Continue to design and manage the rehabilitation and replacement of all bridges determined to be structurally deficient according to federal rating criteria.
- Continue to manage the preservation and rehabilitation of all state maintained roadways by maintaining a pavement system rating of a least 85 percent fair or better.
- Comply with all ADA standards relating to curb ramps.
- Maintain high quality materials, traffic control devices, signage, pavement markings and surfaces of quality for the traveling public.