- 6/24/2016 - Oversize signs can be purchased from below listed companies:
US Cargo Control
202 Blue Creek Drive
Urbana, IA 52345
866-444-9990 (toll-free) or 319-443-3106
Brass Sales Co
8092 S DuPont Hwy
Felton, DE 19943
56 South Main Street
Chadwick, IL 61014
(800) 578-1245 or (815) 684-5764
- 3/28/2016: Effective immediately, Facsimile transmission of documents will no longer be accepted. All documents must be transmitted to the dedicated HP Section email email@example.com
Effective May 1, 2016 the HP Section will no longer accept Company / Personal Checks for deposit into customer Fund Accounts. To clarify - The HP Section will no longer accept Company / Personal Checks forwarded by USPS / Overnight mail or hand carried to the HP Office. Online customer must now replenish their Fund Account using electronic deposit via Credit Card or Electronic Check. Detailed instructions for maintaining your Fund Account is located in Section 14.0 Maintaining a Fund Account of the User Guide for Online Customers.
A system enhancement was introduced on August 11, 2010 to accept Credit Cards (VISA, MASTER CARD, DISCOVER CARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS) and Electronic Check transactions to purchases OSOW permits and make deposits to Customer Fund Accounts. Detailed instructions for maintaining your Fund Account can be located in Section 14.0 Maintaining a Fund Account of the User Guide for Online Customers. Click on the User Guide link on the OSOW Permit System web site. Additionally, Company checks will not be accepted as hand carrying/drop off at the Dover DMV location.
The following email was forwarded to all Fund Account Administrators detailing the change:
Recently, Secretary of Transportation Jennifer Cohan directed that the Oversize Overweight (OSOW) Hauling Permit (HP) Section be transferred from the Division of Motor Vehicle (DMV) to the Division of Transportation Solutions, Traffic Safety Section. Effective date of the transfer was February 1, 2016.
In the near future the HP Section will physically move to another location within the DelDOT campus. Due to the impending move, the following initial functional changes are announced:
Effective immediately, Facsimile transmission of documents will no longer be accepted. All documentation must be transmitted to the dedicated HP Section email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
Effective, May 1, 2016, the HP Section will no longer accept Company / Personal Checks for deposit into Customer Fund Accounts. A system enhancement was introduced on August 11, 2010 to accept Credit Cards (VISA, MASTER CARD, DISCOVER CARD, AMERICAN EXPRESS) and Electronic Check transactions to purchase OSOW permits and make deposits to Customer Fund Accounts. Detailed instructions for maintaining your Fund Account is located in Section 14.0 Maintaining a Fund Account of the User Guide for Online Customers.
Additional changes that may occur as a result of the HP transfer will be announced by email and posting to the OSOW Permit System.
If you need further assistance please contact the DelDOT Hauling Permit Section at (302) 744-2700 or email at email@example.com
- 12/17/2015- Important announcements regarding the OSOW Permit System enhancement will be emailed during the next several months.
Attention Service and Company Administrators: If you have not provided an email address please do so now. 'Click' on the Update Email link under the TOOLS group of links. The OSOW Permit System has been updated to store case sensitive email addresses. If you previously added your email address in the system, please check it to make sure it is correct. If your email address is case sensitive, and it appears in ALL CAPS in the system, please update so that it can be stored properly. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
- 10/29/2015 DelDOT Interactive Map ( http://deldot.gov/bridgerestrictions/index.shtml ) is a good tool for routing and identifying minimum vertical bridge clearance and load posting.
Additional Interactive Maps displaying traffic status, construction restriction, planning for future projects can be found on DelDOT web site under POPULAR LINKS.
Reminder: Dimensions on map are Minimum Vertical Clearances. Deduce 3" for bounce and Do not include City or development streets in route string.
- 9/28/2015 - Effective October 1, 2015 OSOW Hauling Permit fees will increase for selected Load Codes as follows:
Minimum Fee Change
Load Code 1 Oversize From $10 to $30
Load Code 2 Overweight From $10 to $30 plus Weight Fee (see below)
Load Code 3 Superload From $30 to $60 plus Weight Fee (see below)
Load Code 4 Manufactured Housing From $10 to $30
Load Code 11 Annual Crane No change in Base Cost, however, Weight Fee calculation will change (see below)
Weight Fee From $5 to $10 for every 8,000 pounds over GVW
Amendment Fee for Validated permits - From $2 to $10
- 8/24/2015 - Customers submitting Superload permits are reminded of the application review Lead Time of 5 to 14 business days. Details can be found in section 5.3 Superload Permit Application Review Lead Time, Supporting Documentation and Special Provisions of the online DelDOT Policy Manual.
Also, applications with an individual axle weight at 25000 pounds or greater will require additional Lead Time to allow for DelDOT Bridge Management review.
- 8/19/2015 - The Credit Card and ACH Check processing Vendor maintains a secure and stable platform, however, like all automated systems there are times when it will become nonfunctional. Normally, once reported, the system will be fixed and operational in a short amount of time. When these outages do occur an alternate method to purchase permits is to use your Fund Account. Please refer to section 14.0 Maintaining a Fund Account. in the online User Guide to add funds to your Fund Account. By having a reserve in your Fund Account it will assist in the purchase process when the Credit Card system is not available.
- 7/14/2015 - A 'User' security feature is incorporated into the DelDOT OSOW Permit System. Upon establishment of an account an Administrator is created depending on type of company; a Private Company or a Permit Service.
Private Companies will have a Company Admin and Permit Services will have a Service Admin.
Only ADMINISTRATORS have access to the fund account details, create reports and the ability to create and modify additional 'Users'.
If you are logging in to the system under another individual's login you MUST see your ADMINISTRATOR to create you as a Company or Service Operator as applicable to the type of company.
If the Administrator is no longer with the company email a HP Form 3 (see forms link) to firstname.lastname@example.org to change the Administrator.
Additional information regarding User Roles and Functions can be found in the User Guide for Online Customer (see User Guide link).
- 5/4/2015 - USING INTERSTATE 495 vs. INTERSTATE 95 WHEN CROSSING THE PA/DE LINE.
Interstate 95 is a Permanently Restricted Route in DE from the PA/DE Line to Interstate 495 south of Wilmington, except for local pickup and/or delivery on Interstate 95 and points in the City of Wilmington, DE. NOTE: Overall Height is limited to 14 foot on Interstate 95 in the restricted zone
SOUTHBOUND MOVEMENT (PA to DE )
Interstate 495 southbound splits with Interstate 95 southbound just NORTH of the PA/DE LINE, therefore, loads moving southbound from Pennsylvania and NOT making deliveries on Interstate 95 in the restricted zone should enter Delaware using Interstate 495, i.e. PA/DE LINE - 495 - XX - XX- etc
NORTHBOUND MOVEMENT (DE to PA )
Interstate 495 northbound merges with Interstate 95 northbound just SOUTH of the DE/PA Line, therefore, loads will enter PA using Interstate 95, i.e. XX - XX - 495 - 95 - DE/PA LINE.
- 4/15/2015 - Errors in the From, To and Route data fields continue to delay permit processing. For detailed instructions refer to paragraph 7.9 SECTION IV - FROM, TO, AND ROUTE in the online User Guide and / or applicable data field in the Common Errors link to the left for acceptable data field entries.
1. When entering data in the From Address and / or To Address data fields entries MUST be:
A United States Postal Service mailing Address
The closest road / street junction.
NOTE: If using a road / street junction entry MUST be in prescribed format (Example): JCT 13 / 385 , JCT ELKTON RD / SHORT LN
State lines such as DE/MD LINE MUST NEVER BE ENTERED in the Address data field.
NOTE If Address is not in Delaware data field is optional and can be left blank.
2. When entering data in the City data fields the:
From City is the United States or Canadian city in which this move originates.
To City is the destination city in the United States or Canada for current move.
Again, State line such as DE/MD LINE MUST NEVER BE ENTERED in the City data field.
- 10/24/2012 - Effective October 24, 2012 hauling permits with a single axle value equal to or greater than 25,000 pounds (changed from 24,000 pounds) will undergo Bridge Management review. Additional time should be allowed for review and approval action.
- 3/21/2012 - A policy change in the collection of toll fees was stated in a letter dated Apr 15 2011 forwarded to all Fund Account holders. The new policy indicated that effective July 1 2011 toll fee(s) would no longer be collected on DelDOT OSOW hauling permits. Additionally with the elimination of collecting toll fees on permits provisions were made for use of EZPass.
Since the effective date of the policy change some confusion as how toll fee(s) are collected has been noted
The following clarification is provided for OSOW loads moving on Interstate 95 and State Route 1 and subject to toll fee(s)
OSOW Vehicles/loads with EZPass transponders may proceed thru the Toll Plaza(s) using the High Speed EZPass lanes or the far right lane.
OSOW Vehicles/loads without EZPass transponders must use the Toll Plaza far right lane and pay 11.00 CASH to the Toll Collector.
Text in the ROUTING INFORMATION section of the hauling permit has been changed to display as
OSOW PERMIT LOADS EQUIPPED WITH EZPASS TRANSPONDER MOVING THROUGH DELAWARE TOLL PLAZAS ON INTERSTATE 95 AND/OR STATE ROUTE 1 MAY USE HIGH SPEED EZPASS LANES OR USE FAR RIGHT LANE WITH EZPASS OR 11.00 CASH UNLESS DIRECTED OTHERWISE IN THE SPECIAL PROVISIONS SECTION OF THIS PERMIT.
If you have issues/questions regarding toll fee(s) please contact Newark Toll Plaza 302 366 7299 Biddles Toll Plaza 302 838 4999 Dover Toll Plaza 302 838 5799 or EZPass at 888 397 2773.
- 7/29/2011 - Attention Service and Company Administrators: If you have not provided an email address please do so now. 'Click' on the Update Email link under the TOOLS group of links. The OSOW Permit System has been updated to store case sensitive email addresses. If you previously added your email address in the system, please check it to make sure it is correct. If your email address is case sensitive, and it appears in ALL CAPS in the system, please update so that it can be stored properly. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
- 8/11/2010 - The DelDOT OSOW Permit System now accepts VISA, MASTER CARD and DISCOVER CARD (AMERICAN EXPRESS added 10/9/2015) as well as electronic check (ACH) to purchase permits and make deposits to Fund Accounts. Refer to paragraphs 9.2, 9.3 and 14 in the User Guide for details.
IMPORTANT When using Credit Cards and Electronic Checks to purchase permits or make deposits to Fund Accounts a Successful Purchase / Deposit screen will display. On this screen you are given a ONE TIME OPPORTUNITY to print a receipt of the transaction. Carefully read and perform this function if you desire a receipt otherwise you can proceed to the next step and print the permit or revert back to the main menu.
- 1/13/2010 - Effective July 31, 2010, the New Castle and Sussex County Counters will no longer process Hauling Permit transactions. Transactions include but are not limited to issuance of Hauling Permits, Fund Account Deposits or other actions associated with the DelDOT Oversize / Overweight Permit System Program.