SR 1 WIDENING RT 273-ROTH BRIDGE
The project limits are SR 1 from north of the SR 273 Interchange to the Roth Bridge, and including supporting interchanges.
The project needs are to address congestion, improve system connectivity, improve safety at high crash locations, ensure emergency access and evacuation and provide support and local access for existing and committed development in New Castle County.
The project consists of widening SR 1 by adding a travel lane in each direction, widening bridges to accommodate the additional travel lanes, and reconfiguring the supporting interchanges at SR 273, US 40, US 13/Tybouts Corner, and SR 72.
The project is currently in project development, progressing through the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) process. Construction funding has been indefinitely delayed due to current transportation funding constraints. Environmental work is continuing in order to complete the Environmental Assessment document.
Public Workshop Information
- Noise Public Workshop: September 24, 2013
Location: Wilbur Elementary School Multipurpose Room,
4050 Wrangle Hill Road, Bear, DE
Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
Noise presentation will be held at 6:00 pm
- SR 273 Interchange - Roundabout Option (Close-up)
- SR 273 Interchange - Full Improvements w/ Roundabout
- Noise Analysis Workshop Summary - September 2013
- Noise Analysis Workshop Boards - September 2013
- Noise Analysis Workshop Presentation - September 2013
- Village of Christiana Presentation - September 2013
- Workshop Boards - April 2013
- Workshop Presentation - April 2013
- Public Workshops Summary - April 2013