Each year, the Delaware Department of Transportation celebrates the achievements and recognizes the hard work of their many dedicated employees, consultants and contractors.
Various departments within DelDOT nominate projects completed within the year which they feel are worthy of being awarded the title of "Outstanding Projects." A committee then reviews each project and selects one project for each designated category to receive the award.
These eight projects represent the best in this year's recognition of Outstanding Project work that was substantially complete by December. They represent a team approach to the full scope of a project's life cycle, including;
- Public input on transportation solutions
- Creative design incorporating the latest technology and materials
- Preservation of environmental and cultural resources
- Support of economic development
- Inclusion of effective construction techniques
- Preservation of our transportation assets
To read about each of these award-winning projects, click on the gold plates on the right.
Past Outstanding Projects: