The project involved, among other things:
- Widened the ramp from I-95 NB to US202 NB from one to two lanes. This also involved extending the ramp's two lanes on I-95 NB approaching the interchange from just north of the Brandywine River Bridge (for a total of four lanes on I-95 NB in this location).
- Extended and realigned the two lane ramp from US202 SB to I-95 SB further down I-95 to address current design standards.
- Removed the existing I-95 SB to SR202 SB loop ramp and relocated it to become a directional ramp that ties into US202 at a new traffic signal.
- Lowered I-95 SB in the vicinity of the existing US202 Bridge over I-95 to address an existing vertical clearance problem.
- Bridge Rehabilitations, and concrete pavement reconstruction on US202.
The project limits involved the entire I-95/US 202 Interchange, and also included a reconstruction of I-95 both NB and SB, from the Brandywine River Bridge to US 202.
The US202/I-95 Interchange was reconstructed to address existing and future operational and safety issues.
Current Project Schedule:
- Construction Started: December 2011
- Construction Completed: November 2015
PUBLIC FEEDBACKCommunity Relations
800.652.5600 (DE only)