BR 1-680 on SR 141 Basin Road over US 13
The comment period is over. Thank you!
Welcome to the Delaware Department of Transportation’s virtual workshop. The goals of the virtual workshop formats are to make it easier for more people to view the project information, and to reduce the costs involved in traditional public workshops.Project Highlights
Deck and approaches of BR 1-680 on SR 141 over US 13. Significant spalling and delaminating of existing concrete deck
- Deck has full depth spalls and exposed rebar at multiple locations
- Existing girders have been impacted by over height trucks multiple times per year because of the substandard clearance
- Due to the under clearance, the bridge is classified as Functionally Obsolete
- Bridge Steel Beam Superstructure in need of repainting
This project involves the replacement of the existing concrete deck with a pre-cast concrete deck
- The sidewalk on the SB side will be removed to allow the sidewalk on the NB side to be widened
- Existing vertical clearance will be increased to 14'6" (min.) by jacking the bridge up
- Project will be constructed in the summer due to the close proximity of William Penn High School and George Reed Middle School
- Around the clock work required during SR141 Closure
Project Schedule Traffic Control
If you would like to make comments, you may submit them online by clicking on the link, "send us your comments" when available, or you may call toll free to 800-652-5600, or call locally in the Dover area, 760-2080. Comments may also be mailed to DelDOT Community Relations, P.O. Box 778, Dover, Delaware, 19903. Comments are due within 30 days of the posting of this virtual workshop on the internet.
Thank you for participating in the Delaware Department of Transportation’s virtual workshop.