K104 Kenton Road, SR8 to Chestnut Grove Road
The project is located on Kenton Road from Forrest Avenue (SR8) to Chestnut Grove Road (K158) in Dover, Kent County.
The goal of this project is to improve traffic safety and operations and to enhance bicycle and pedestrian accessibility along Kenton Road between SR8 (Forrest Avenue) and Chestnut Grove Road.
The proposed improvements include:
- 11' Travel Lanes and 5' Shoulders/Bike Lanes
- 10' Shared-Use Path on East side of Roadway from SR8 to YMCA
- 5' Sidewalks
- Curb and Gutter
- Right and Left Lanes at all intersections with Bike lane
- Additional Traffic Signals at Greentree Drive and Chestnut Grove Road
- Potential Double Left Turn Lanes from Walker Road and College Road onto Kenton Road
- Potential two southbound through travel lanes from SR8 to College Road
- Survey Plans – April 2016
- Alternatives Workshop – October 24, 2016
- Refine Alternatives – December 2016
- Selected Alternative and Preliminary Design Workshop – October 23, 2017
- Preliminary Construction Plan Submittal – October 2017
- Chestnut Grove Road Intersection Alternatives Workshop – February 7, 2018
- Semi-Final Construction and Right-of-Way Plans – November 2018
- Final Right-of-Way Plans – May 2019
- Begin Right-of-Way Acquisition – Summer 2019
- Final Construction Plans – Spring 2021
- Begin Construction – Spring 2022
*Schedule is subject to change and is based on current DelDOT funding.