INFORMATION

Date: December 12, 2002
Time: 3:00 PM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes)

Present:Representing:
Mr. Chris BarberCity of Wilm, Water Division
Mr. Jim Bayard, Jr. Alapocas
Mr. Margaret BrambleDeerhurst
Mr. Daniel BockoverCCOBH
Mr. Donald CriscuoloAlapocas II Maint. Org.
Mr. John JanowskiNCC, Dept of Land Use
Mr. Robert Valihura, JrState Representative
Ms. Gail Van GilderDelaware Greenways
Mr. William StewartDelDOT
Mr. Vernon LawtonDelDOT
Mr. Harry GambleMcCormick, Taylor & Assoc

Vernon Lawton, DelDOT, opened the meeting and welcomed everyone. He noted that this is the 4th meeting and that Bill Stewart would give the updates and we would answer any questions. The minutes of the last meeting were reviewed.

  • Dominick D'Eramo is shown incorrectly in the "not in attendance" section. It should read that he is from Alapocas II Maintenance Organization. This has been mentioned before and not been corrected.
  • Dan Bockover will forward Charles King's address to Vern Lawton to add to the CC: list for receiving meeting minutes.
  • Bill Stewart, DelDOT, went over the "next meeting" notes from last meeting: The blasting is substantially complete with some left to do in the utility trench, the stormwater pipes north of Rockland Road, and in stormwater management pond #1. This will be completed in the next several weeks. Grading work in stormwater management ponds #2 and #3 is ongoing.
  • The mechanically stabilized slope wall along Relocated Rockland Road and the SR141 Spur will be started in the next couple of weeks. Representative Valihura and Gail Van Gilder had a question about the raised roadway at these slopes. They were under the impression during the design phase that these roadways would not be elevated above the existing ground. The design will be clarified at the next meeting.
  • The silt fence behind the planting berm at Alapocas II is down and will be re-installed as soon as possible.
  • Representative Valihura and Gail Van Gilder were concerned about the clearing for Ramps A & B and the DNREC parking barn parking lot. They were told that this is early action work because we have extra material on this project and did not want to pay to haul it away and pay for additional material in a future project. They expressed that the Delaware Tree Bill is very important and has not been addressed in this project. They wanted to know if the trees removed from this area were documented, which they weren't. They were concerned that the Tree Bill be addressed for future projects as well as this one.
  • The utility relocations are ongoing.
  • Gail Van Gilder wanted to know if plantings were proposed in the mechanically stabilized walls. They are seeded with ground cover type of plantings.
  • Gail Van Gilder asked if noise was ever addressed for the raised roadways at Relocated Rockland. The issue will be clarified at the next meeting.
  • The previous dust situation has improved because of the recent rain.
  • The wetland mitigation area currently retains water. This is going to be addressed with a ditch that outlets to the west into the topsoil stockpile area.
  • A status report for the pre-blast survey for Deerhurst was given. All houses within the 100' radius have been surveyed.
  • Bill Stewart and Peg Bramble are going to set up a meeting with the Deerhurst community to give them information about the methodology of blasting.
  • Gail Van Gilder asked for a copy of the blasting study for the historic barn.
  • Some members have requested that the meeting time be changed to 4:00PM. Everyone was reminded that the group agreed to 3:00PM for these meetings. The time change will be discussed at the next meeting and be reflected in those minutes. Please be advised that the next meeting on December 5th will still begin at 3:00PM.
  • Peg Bramble asked for the Department to look into the possibility of placing a turn lane from WB Weldin Road to NB Foulk Road.
  • The group was asked to consider the possibility of closing Augustine Cut-Off for a weekend. This would eliminate the need for lane closures during the daytime for a period of several weeks. This would create additional traffic through the Alapocas neighborhood. The president of the Alapocas Civic Association will contact Bill to express their views. The group in attendance thought that this was a good idea.
  • The next meeting date has to be moved. Currently it is on Thanksgiving. Will advise as to revise date and time. Meeting was adjourned at 4:10 p.m.