Date: October 30, 2003
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes)
|Mr. Jim Bayard, Jr.||Alapocas|
|Mr. Charles King||CCOBH|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Don Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Bill Tansey||NCC Council|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
|Mr. Mark Tudor||DelDOT|
|Mr. Harry Gamble||McCormick Taylor|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 am and after introductions the minutes of the previous meeting were approved.
Bob King informed the group that the next Public Workshop would be held on Monday, November 17, 2003 at the Brandywine High School from 4:00 - 8:00 pm.
Bob informed the group that the low bidder (R.E. Pierson) was awarded the second contract with work expected to commence during early November.
Bill Stewart provided the following construction update:
Phase 1 (Project Work)
Mumford & Miller Concrete Company has worked 34 straight days (extended hours) in order to complete the following work along Temporary Road No. 1:
- Concrete curb work
- Hot-mix pavement
- Guardrail work
- Final grading work
Landscape work is ongoing and is scheduled to be completed in late November.
Phase 1 (Utility Work)
- Verizon, Comcast Cable and Cavalier Telephone are placing and splicing their new communication cables along the Utility Corridor.
Phase 2 (Project Work)
- Phase 2 Construction is scheduled to begin the week of November 10, 2003.
- Construction advanced warning signs are scheduled to be installed the week of November 3, 2003.
- The first items of work for Phase 2 are removal of the stockpiled materials (next to the Blue Ball Barn and future East Park Drive), grading work at Relocated Weldin Road and Connector 'D'.
Phase 2 (Early Action Work - Utilities)
- AstraZeneca anticipates future relocation of all aerial utilities (Conectiv-Electric; Cavalier Telephone; Comcast Cable and DelTRAC) along US 202, between Powder Mill Road and the Rollins Building. Test holes to locate the existing underground utilities are currently being dug during nighttime hours. This test hole information will be used for the design of the utility relocation work. The nighttime work is scheduled to continue until mid-November.
The six-lane temporary by-pass is expected to open during March or April 2004. There was a question from a member of the group concerning the lighting along this by-pass and it was explained that there would be temporary (wooden poles) lighting along the US 202 detour that would be removed when the road reverts to the 2-lane park road. All guardrails are installed and there will be a 35-mph speed limit along the temporary road.
It was decided that the November Advisory Group Meeting would be held a week later, on December 4, 2003 due to the Thanksgiving Holiday. It was also agreed upon not to hold either the meetings originally scheduled for December 25th and January 29th. The next meeting will be held on Thursday, February 26, 2004 at 8:00 am.
The group was reminded that the December 4th meeting would be held at the construction trailer's new site along Weldin Road.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 am with the next meeting scheduled for December 4th - at 8:00 am.