Date: October 28, 2004
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: October 28, 2004 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
|Mr. Mark Tudor||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bob King informed group of the Public Workshop planned for Tuesday evening, November 16 at the Brandywine High School on Foulk Road.
It was also discussed that due to both the Thanksgiving and Christmas/New Years holidays there would be a conflict for both the scheduled November and December Construction Progress Group Meetings. It was decided among the group to hold a combined November/December meeting on Thursday morning, December 9th, with a tour of the construction site prior to the formal meeting in the construction trailer.
Bill Stewart provided the following construction update:
- Installation of the new City of Wilmington water main (within the limits of this project) is complete. Abandonment of the old system is also complete.
- Paving work on US202, from the Fairfax Shopping Center to Naamans Road is complete.
- Underground utility work being performed by AstraZeneca at US202 and SR141 is nearing completion.
- Excavation for the US202 over SR141 Spur structure is ongoing. Blasting work has begun. Installation of foundation piling is scheduled for mid-November.
- Concrete work on the Ramp 'G' retaining wall is ongoing.
- Excavation for the Ramp 'A' retaining wall began this month.
- Roadway "box-out" grading and placement of the stone base on reconstructed US202, from the SR141 Spur to Connector 'D' is ongoing. Hot-mix paving work is scheduled to begin in early November.
- Landscape weeding on the West Side Project is scheduled to be performed in November. Mowing by DelDOT forces will be accomplished before the end of year.
- Paving work on the Ramps from I-95 to US202 is tentatively scheduled for the weekend of November 5th. This work will require a week-end closure. DelDOT Public Relations is preparing a press release for this work.
It was discussed that much of the steel for the project will be pre-purchased and stockpiled to save on cost due to inflation.
To date, there have been three blasts for the clearing of bedrock for the underpasses. These caused a shutdown of traffic along Route 202 for no longer than five minutes each.
The water leak along Route 202 by Independence Mall has been repaired.
The signs to be installed along Route 202 for Independence Mall have been ordered. Lane markings for traffic coming off Augustine Cutoff onto NB 202 bypass will be done.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:15 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, December 9th at 8:00 am, with a field trip planned of the site prior to the meeting.