Date: September 27, 2007
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Dairy Barn
Re: Construction Advisory Group
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Dan Bockover||CCOBH|
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II Maint. Org.|
|Mr. Ralph Bayrer||Carillon Crossing|
|Ms. Susan Staats||DNREC|
|Mr. Mark Tudor||DelDOT|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Nicholas Hetrick||DelDOT|
|Mr. Bob King||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bob reported to the group:
The final Blue Ball Public Workshop will beheld on Tuesday, November 6th, from 4-7 PM at the Blue Ball Dairy Barn.
Mark provided more information on the focus of the November 6th final workshop. The workshop will describe all that has been completed by the Blue Ball Project, and will note the issues that have yet to be addressed. It will also have information on the planned landscape maintenance approaches for both Alapocas Run State Park and the roadside landscaping, since there has been much interest in this issue over the past few months. The Workshop will also recognize all of the hard work that the community has put into the project to implement the Master Plan in the time frames envisioned when the Master Plan was adopted in 2000.
Mark then reviewed updates of signing, striping, and other miscellaneous issues from previous meetings.
- Looking at whether it is possible to swap the order of the SR141 and Foulk Road signage on the overhead signs along Southbound US202. Since this was extra work, the contractor will do this work once his contracted work is complete.
- A speed limit sign on Murphy Road heading eastbound, just east of the US202 Intersection. It has been installed.
- US202/Murphy Road Intersection - Signal timings not finalized, and loop detectors not activated yet. Group indicated that signal timings have improved, but the signal phasing still has not been changed to the final configuration. Situation will continue to be monitored.
- Light Poles along US202 NB in front of Independence Mall - DelDOT has reviewed the issue and is looking to replace the one pole near the entrance. Installation will be challenging because of existing underground utilities. Contractor is still working on the approach to replace the foundation.
- A pedestrian warning sign and yield sign along southbound West Drive heading towards the roundabout are too close together. Further discussion with DelDOT's Traffic Section has recommended if either sign were moved, it would create a "blind spot" at a different point in the approach. No further action is recommended.
- Delineator signs still need to be installed in "choker islands" along Augustine Cutoff and West Park Drive-Delineator signs will be installed once the choker islands are complete. Has been installed, but were bigger than desired. However, the community is comfortable with the larger signs, since they provide more of a visual presence to drivers than the smaller ones, and may have more of an effect of addressing traffic speeds.
There was more discussion on the status of the Murphy House transfer to AI DuPont. Mark explained that all of the deed information is complete, and that DelDOT Real Estate is continuing to work on the transfer. Mark noted that he would provide an update at the next meeting.
Other new items were discussed:
- Stop Sign at Edgewood Rd - Stop sign is located on street sign. Need to confirm that this is correct and provides the most visible location to see both the sign and the Edgewood Rd street marker.
- Sight Distance, making right turn from Childrens Drive to Spur (towards US202).
- No Turn on Red Sign at West Park Drive/Spur - Group was thankful that it was installed, but two questions were raised:
- Is it the most appropriate sign ("No Turn on Red Arrow") and is this consistent with other locations throughout the state?
- Could this sign be placed on the signal strain wire?
- Confirming policy statement that no Nemours Clinic signs can be put up in the area even if it is directions to a medical clinic, because of commercial signage issues.
Susan reported to the group, regarding a follow-up question from the Murphy House as to the status of the Bird Husband House, that the Delaware Greenways will be holding an open house there On Oct 25th in celebration of their new offices.
Nick reported to the group that:
- The intersection of Augustine Cutoff and US 202 should re-open Thursday, October 4, 2007
- Remaining work includes patterned concrete placement in the median and the final overlay of hotmix
- Hotmix paving will occur at night
- Project is scheduled to be complete at the end of October
Bob also discussed with the group that since the project is nearing completion October will be the last of the Construction Advisory Meetings. Bob said that a "thank-you" breakfast would be provided for the active members.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:00 am with the next meeting scheduled for Wednesday, October 31, 2007 at the Blue Ball Dairy Barn.