Date: September 25, 2003
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes)
|Hon. Greg Lavelle||State Rep.-11th Dist.|
|Mr. Jim Bayard, Jr.||Alapocas|
|Mr. Daniel Bockover||CCOBH|
|Mr. Charles King||CCOBH|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. George Keyes||Lab Corp.|
|Mr. Bill Tansey||NCC Council|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
|Mr. Harry Gamble||McCormick Taylor|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 am and, after introductions, the minutes of the previous meeting were approved.
Bob informed the group that Bill Thatcher, 302-368-6628, of the North District Maintenance was contacted regarding committee members' concerns with the condition of the paving of the roadway between US 202 to Alapocas Drive, and on US 202 from Augustine Cutoff to the I-95 ramp. Bill Thatcher was already aware of the problem and it is currently being looked into.
Bob informed the group that the next Public Workshop would be held on Monday, November 17, 2003 at the Brandywine High School from 4-8 pm.
Bob notified the group that the apparent low bidder (R.E. Pierson) was awarded the second contract with work expected to commence during early November.
Bob also informed the group that the 14th Annual Transportation Fair will be held on Saturday, September 27, 2003 and that for the third year in a row, the Blue Ball Properties Project would be represented and have a booth. All were invited to attend.
Bill Stewart provided the following construction update:
Phase 1 (Project Work)
- SR 141 Spur Structure is complete.
- Construction of the median curb along Temporary Roadway No. 1 is ongoing.
- Hot-mix pavement work along Temporary Roadway No. 1 is ongoing.
- Landscape plantings for the fall season are scheduled to resume September 29th. Landscaping for the Phase 1 project is scheduled to be complete by late November.
Phase 1 (Utility Work)
- Verizon continues to place their new communication cables along the Utility Corridor.
Phase 2 (Project Work)
- Phase 2 Construction is scheduled to begin in November. Switching of traffic to the new six-lane temporary by-pass is anticipated to be Spring 2004.
- The office complex for Phase 2 Construction will be set-up along Weldin Road.
Phase 2 (Early Action Work - Utilities)
- Conectiv Electric has installed their new poles along Connector 'D'. Stringing of wire is ongoing.
- Conectiv Electric (Guardian Construction) has begun the installation of their underground electric wires along Relocated Weldin Road.
Bill reported that MTA has provided a re-grading plan to extend the berm on the south end of the project. Berm construction is complete.
Phase 2 Construction is scheduled to begin in November. Switching of traffic to the new six-lane temporary by-pass is anticipated to happen during March or April 2004.
All streambeds and stormwater management basins incurred less damage then expected during the recent rains. What little erosion that was noted was termed as "insignificant".
It was decided that the November Advisory Group Meeting would be held a week earlier, on November 20, 2003 due to the Thanksgiving Holiday.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:30 am with the next meeting scheduled for October 30 at 8:00 am.