Date:August 16, 2006
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: July 27, 2006 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II Maint. Org.|
|Mr. Ralph Bayrer||Carillon Crossing|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM Harris|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Nicholas Hetrick||DelDOT|
|Ms. Louise Holt||DelDOT|
|Mr. Bob King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Jim Parks||Delaforum|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bob King informed the group that the Blue Ball Public Involvement Committee is in the process of planning the next public workshop which will be scheduled sometime during the beginning of November 2006.
Bruce Kay provided the following construction update:
- During the June Meeting, the Working Group requested the Department's review of pavement markings at the intersection of US 202 and Connector "D" (roadway between Brandywine Plaza and Independence Mall). Upon discussing the existing condition with Mark Tudor and Mark Luszcz, a decision was made to revise the markings to create a dedicated right turn lane to Connector "D" from US 202 northbound.
- Pierson continued work on Contract #2 punch-list items, which should be completed by the end of August. These are items that were noted as requiring corrective action during the semi-final inspection.
- Message boards have been placed along US 202 directing vehicles to the proper AstraZeneca entrance for attendance of the Delaware Smash tennis matches.
- The conflict with an existing communication duct bank encountered along the US 202 southbound widening (along AstraZeneca) has been resolved and new precast junction boxes have been ordered. This work should resume within the next two-three weeks.
- Pierson is currently focusing most of their attention on the completion of the SR-141 Spur and other work associated with the Children's Drive detour. On or about August 21 st, Children's Drive will be detoured for an approximate duration of 63 days at Powder Mill Road (vehicles traveling eastbound and westbound on Powder Mill will not have access to Children's Drive). The posted detour will take traffic to US 202; south on US 202 to the West Park Drive exit (Ramp "C"); then turning right onto the new SR-141 Spur and following the Spur back to Children's Drive. Additional signs, message boards and press releases will be used to notify the public in advance of placing the detour.
- The Working Group raised a concern about access to A.I. DuPont Hospital during the Children's Drive detour. Upon discussing with DelDOT Safety Officers, the contractor was directed to add "hospital" signs to all detour routes leading to A.I. DuPont.
Nick Hetrick advised the group that:
Contract 3 West officially started on July 17, 2006. Greggo and Ferrara (the prime contractor) will be on site over the next week or two installing erosion and sediment control devices and mobilizing onto the site. Expect the amount of work to pick up towards the end of August.
Contract 3 East is currently on schedule. All of the box culvert structures are complete, the contractor is currently placing the rebar on the bridge deck and we should be pouring the deck by mid-August. Excavation of the ponds are nearing completion and the contractor is currently rough grading the roads.
There were some concerns expressed by members concerning the Alapocas Community regarding a proposed development by O'Neil Development of properties for a possible 1,000 residential units at the base of Augustine Cut-Off. There was discussion on how the trucks for this project would be routed up Augustine Cut-Off to Route 202 and the damage it would do to the community road. It was requested that Mark Tutor attend the next Construction Advisory Meeting to discuss this with members. (Mark Tudor was contacted and will attend next meeting.)
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:05 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, August 31, 2006 at 8:00 am.