Date:June 29, 2006
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: June 29, 2006 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II Maint. Org.|
|Mr. Daniel Brockover||CCOBH|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM Harris|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Nicholas Hetrick||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
The Working Group requested the Department's review of two items:
- Along US202 northbound, the pavement is not marked for a dedicated right turn lane to Connector "D". Vehicles making this turn should stay in the US202 right travel lane (which at the Connector "D" intersection can be used to continue north along US202, or it can be used to make the right turn to Connector "D"). Some vehicles are prematurely entering the shoulder to make this turn, which can potentially create an unsafe condition when vehicles are turning from both the shoulder and the travel lane at the same time.
- The lane designation arrows on the US202 southbound overhead sign structure (between the SR-141 Spur and Augustine Cutoff) may be misleading (they are not perfectly centered over the lanes).
The Group was advised that both of these items will be reviewed, with findings to be discussed during the next meeting.
Bruce Kay and Nick Hetrick provided the following construction update:
- Pierson is currently working on Contract #2 punch-list items. These are items that were noted as requiring corrective action during the semi-final inspection.
- The conflict with an existing communication duct bank encountered along the US 202 southbound widening (along AstraZeneca) has been resolved and a plan revision was issued to the contractor. Work should resume in this area by the end of July (there is a 30 day +/- lead-time on delivery of the required material).
- Capstone installation for the Ronald McDonald House Privacy Wall has been completed.
- Pierson's subcontractor Diamond Materials completed placement of hot-mix along Rockland Road. The bike path along Rockland Road has also been completed, with the exception of the tie-ins to Children's Drive and West Park Drive (which are still under construction).
- Pierson still hopes to have traffic on the SR-141 Spur by late July/early August. Additional signs, Message Boards and press releases will be used to notify the public in advance of placing traffic on the Spur. Prior to this, Pierson will be entering Traffic Control Phase 1B which pushes the eastbound and westbound lanes of Powder Mill Road towards the shoulders allowing for median construction. This work will occur in a few weeks.
- AstraZeneca will be hosting the Delaware Smash tennis matches during the month of July. Message Boards will be placed along US202 directing traffic to the proper entrances.
- Construction of the structures, drainage system and East Park Drive continued this past month on Contract 3-East (East Side Improvements). All work is progressing on schedule.
- Greggo & Ferrara has been awarded Contract 3-West, which has a Notice-to-Proceed date of on or about July 10th.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:05 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, July 27, 2006 at 8:00 am.