Date: June 21, 2004
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: May 27, 2004 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Charles King||CCOBH|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Jim Bayard, Jr.||Alapocas|
|Mr. Don Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 am and after introductions the minutes of the previous meeting were approved.
Bob handed out to those present replica buttons of the 1789 pin commemorating the inauguration of George Washington as our nation's first president which was recently found on the J.R. Weldin Archaeological Site. Bob also reminded those present of the upcoming event to celebrate the start of the next phase of the Blue Ball Project.
The following construction update was provided:
Phase 1 - West Side Improvements
- A Spring inspection to perform plant maintenance and necessary replacements will be performed in early June.
- Verizon crews have completed the "circuit throw" into the utility corridor. Cable removal and manhole abandonment along existing Concord Pike (US202) is complete. Manhole abandonment is ongoing.
Phase 2 - US202 Reconstruction
- Excavation for future Ramp F/G is ongoing.
- Comcast Cable and Cavalier Telephone have completed installation of their aerial facilities. Splicing work is complete. Cable removal is ongoing.
- Conectiv Power & Delivery - Electric has energized their new electric lines (underground and aerial). Stripping of the old wires is ongoing.
- Fabrication for the concrete beams for US202 over East Park Drive and US202 over SR141 is complete.
- Fabrication for the proposed sign structures for US202 is ongoing.
- Box-out and placement of stone for the north and south tie-ins to the Temporary Roadway is ongoing.
- Installation of the temporary lighting along Temporary Roadway is complete.
- Installation of new storm pipe along Connector 'D' and Relocated Weldin Road is complete.
- Box-out, placement of stone along Connector 'D' and Relocated Weldin Road is ongoing.
- The installation of underground utilities along US202, between Powder Mill Road and the Rollins Building is ongoing.
- Hot-mix paving work along Connector 'D' and Relocated Weldin Road is scheduled to begin in early June.
- Median removal along US202, to accommodate for the traffic switch over is scheduled to begin in mid-June.
Based on best available information at this time, the traffic switch from existing US202 onto Temporary Road No. 1 is scheduled to occur the weekend of June 25, 2004 (weather permitting). Construction of the new bridges at US202 over East Park Drive and US202 over SR141 is scheduled to begin in late June / early July.
The permit for the demolition of the Weldin Husband's house has been received and demolition will begin immediately after the crossover of traffic off US 202 onto the six-lane temporary by-pass.
Blue Ball Dairy Barn:
- Asbestos removal has been completed
- Slate roof has been removed
- Pallet of roof slate has been saved
Condition of pot-holes along US 202 near RT I-95 has been addressed.
On June 30, 2005 traffic is scheduled to be switched back to reconstructed US 202 (Concord Pike).
Public Workshop was held on May 17th went well. Member questioned the term "final plans" used on one of the storyboard pertaining to Augustine Cutoff's Traffic Calming Plans. Term actually used on the board was "Preliminary Plans".
The flooding issue along the section of the temporary roadway (north of the Blueball Diary Barn) has been corrected with side ditching.
Traffic flow off I-95 northbound onto the by-pass was discussed.
Being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 am