Date:May 25, 2006
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: May 25, 2006 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM Harris|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Nicholas Hetrick||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bob King advised the group that the suggestion of placing the mile marker within the Blue Ball Dairy Barn Garden, so it might be viewed by all who visit, was relayed to Mark Tudor.
There was some discussion about when the barn might be opened for public functions. Bob informed the group that DNREC will not be taking reservations until the fall for events scheduled for 2007.
Bruce Kay and Nick Hetrick provided the following construction update:
- Work remaining to be completed under Contract #2 includes only minor punch-list items. These items should be completed by late June/early July.
- A conflict with an existing communication duct bank was encountered along the US 202 southbound widening (along AstraZeneca), resulting in a suspension of work in this area. Test holes were excavated to determine the limits of the conflict and the storm sewer was re-designed. This work will resume upon delivery of the new precast boxes.
- The contractor is currently installing the capstones for the Ronald McDonald House Privacy Wall.
- Pierson's subcontractor, Diamond Materials, is currently placing hot-mix along the roadway and bike paths of Rockland Road.
- Hot-mix is also being placed along the SR-141 Spur. The contractor hopes to have this area ready for traffic by mid/late July. Additional signs, message boards and press releases will be used to notify the public in advance of placing traffic on the Spur.
- The tie-in of Relocated Rockland Road to West Park Drive is currently included under Contract 3-West; however, there is a possibility that it could be tied-in under Contract #4 (the Design Engineer is reviewing the feasibility of this option).
- This past month, work on Contract 3-East (East Side Improvements) has consisted of constructing the structures and drainage system. All work is progressing on schedule.
- During the last meeting, the Working Group was advised that work on Contract 3-West should begin on or about July 10 th, which raised several questions about the contractor's schedule and anticipated impacts to Augustine Cutoff and Edgewood Road. Today, Nick Hetrick presented plans showing the sequence of construction and highlighting proposed detour routes. Copies of the detour routes were distributed to attendees.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:10 am, with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, June 29, 2006 at 8:00 am.