Date: April 28, 2005
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: April 28, 2005 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM & Harris|
|Mr. Ralph Bayrer||Carillon Crossing|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bob notified group that the completion of the Barn will not be open to the public until early spring of 2006. This is due to landscaping and seeding that must be completed.
The closing of the I-95 off ramp onto Route 202, originally scheduled for repaving during the weekend of April 22nd, was postponed due to weather. A new date has not been determined.
There was some discussion of the timing of the red light at the intersection of the new connector "D" and Foulk Road. This was previously reported to Traffic.
Bruce Kay gave the following construction update:
US 202 over SR-141 Bridge Structure
- The contractor completed construction of both the north and south abutment stem walls, and began construction of wingwalls.
- Placement of the precast box beams is scheduled to begin on May 9th and should be completed within two days.
US 202 over East Park Drive Structure
- Both the blasting and removal of rock at this location is complete.
- The Contractor is now focusing on the construction of the abutment stem walls in preparation for beam erection...which is tentatively scheduled for the week of May 23rd.
- Some additional subfoundation concrete (used to fill the void between the top of rock and the bottom of the foundation) remains to be completed.
Ramp "G"/Weldin Ruins Wall
- The stone masonry work is now complete and casting/placement of the capstones should begin shortly.
Ramp "A"/Barn Wall
- The contractor began backfilling the wall and landscaping (on the Barn side of the wall) should begin within the next few weeks.
- Placement of the pavement base course material (recycled asphalt millings) between the East Park Drive Bridge and Augustine Cutoff began this month, and is nearing completion. Placement of the concrete curb and hot-mix paving will follow shortly.
- Installation of the storm sewer throughout Contract #2 is almost completed...only a few more pipe runs remain.
- The contractor completed "undercut" of unsuitable soil along the SR-141 Spur.
- The contractor prepared a small sample section of wall panel to be used for the Ronald McDonald House (RMDH) Privacy Wall. At the request of the RMDH representatives, a second sample (with larger stones and smaller grout lines) will be cast for their review.
- Penn Summit (fabricator of the overhead sign structures) began delivery of materials.
- Utility relocations for Contract #4 began this month in the vicinity of SR-141 and Children's Drive. This work will continue for approximately 2-3 months.
- The contractor began constructing a portion of the SR-141 Spur embankment "surcharge" (just west of the RMDH). This is an area where the Engineer feels there may be some embankment settlement; therefore, the earthwork is completed well in advance of the pavement construction and will be monitored through the use of settlement monuments.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, May 26, 2005 at 8:00 am.