Date:April 24, 2006
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: April 27, 2006 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM Harris|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Ralph Bayrer||Carillon Crossing|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bob King said that the only opening comment is that the final version of the next edition of the Blue Ball video had been mailed to all members. This was followed with discussion as to the theme and message of the video.
Bruce Kay provided the following construction update:
- Work remaining to be completed under Contract #2 includes final paving of Connector "D" and Foulk Road. This work should be completed prior to the contract completion date of May 12th.
- REP continued installing storm sewer along the US202 southbound lanes between AstraZeneca's entrance and Independence Mall. A conflict with an existing communication duct bank was encountered along the southbound widening (along AstraZeneca), resulting with a suspension of work in this area.
- Blasting and rock excavation continued along the proposed SR-141 Spur and various locations within the limits of Contract 3-West. The large rocks are being used for landscaping within the project limits; hauled to construct seawalls in Avalon and Wildwood, New Jersey by the Army Corps of Engineers; and recycled for use as various construction materials.
- The Contractor has completed erection of the Ronald McDonald House Privacy Wall posts and panels. The capstones have been completed and will be installed soon.
- Construction of concrete curb along Rockland Road is ongoing. Paving in this area should be completed by the end of May.
- Paving of the SR-141 Spur will begin in May, with an anticipated completion date of July 2006. Additional information pertaining to the opening of the Spur will be distributed at a later date.
- The tie-in of Relocated Rockland Road to West Park Drive is currently included under Contract 3-West; however, there is a possibility that it could be tied-in under Contract #4. The possibility of making the tie-in sooner is under review. The current traffic patterns were discussed and various options that can be used to gain access to the local roadways such as Foulk Road, Weldin Road, Carruthers Lane and Augustine Cutoff were reviewed.
- The Working Group was advised that work on Contract 3-West should begin in early July. This raised several questions about the contractor's schedule and anticipated impacts to Augustine Cutoff and Edgewood Road. Since the contract has not been formally awarded yet, specific details on the work schedule are not yet available.
- Traffic Control Plans and the Augustine Cutoff Detour Plan will be available for review and discussion during the next meeting.
There was discussion regarding the replacement of the Blue Ball as well as the Mile Marker. It was suggested by some that since the marker could no longer be placed at it original location, that it be relocated within the garden at the Blue Ball Dairy Barn so that visitors would be able to view it. Bob said he would take this suggestion back to Mark Tudor. (follow-up: Mark thought it was a great idea and will discuss it with DNREC at the appropriate time).
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:00 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, May 25, 2006 at 8:00 am.