Date: March 31, 2005
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: March 31, 2005 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Dominick D'Eramo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM & Harris|
|Mr. Ralph Bayrer||Carillon Crossing|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Mark Tudor||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bruce Kay and Mark Tudor explained that the completion of the Blue Ball Dairy Barn is expected during the spring 2006 and the I-95/202 Contract is expect to be completed in July 2008.
On Friday through Sunday April 22-24, the off ramp from 1-95 onto 202 NB is expected to be closed for repairs.
Bruce Kay then gave the following construction update:
US202 over SR-141 Bridge Structure
- Concrete placement for the abutment foundations is now complete.
- The contractor completed construction of the south abutment stem wall and began erection of formwork for the north stem wall.
- Placement of beams is tentatively scheduled for the first week of May.
US202 over East Park Drive Bridge Structure
- Blasting is now complete and the actual removal of rock is ongoing.
- Placement of subfoundation concrete (used to fill the void between the top of rock and the bottom of foundation) is ongoing.
- The contractor began placement of concrete for both the north and south foundations.
Ramp "G"/Weldin Ruins Wall
- The stone masonry work is ongoing and should be complete within the next 1-2 weeks.
Ramp "A" Barn Wall
- No activity this month.
- Installation of storm sewer is ongoing...only minor pipe runs along the SR-141 Spur remain to be completed.
- The contractor began "undercut" of unsuitable soil along the SR-141 Spur. Once the unsuitable material is removed, a layer of geotextile is placed, followed by a 2' +/- layer of sand which will provide a firm and stable base to construct the roadway.
- The subcontractor responsible for constructing the curb has resumed work along US 202 in the vicinity of Brandywine Plaza.
- Grading and preparation for the start of paving will begin shortly for the section of US 202 between the East Park Drive Bridge and Augustine Cutoff.
- Renovations of the Blue Ball Dairy Barn are ongoing and will continue through the summer, and into the early fall.
- The contractor has prepared a small sample section of the wall panel to be used for the Ronald McDonald House privacy wall, which is currently under review. Once the sample is approved, a full scale mockup will be constructed.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 am, with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, April 28, 2005 at 8:00 am.