Date: March 27, 2003
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes)
|Mr. Chris Barber||City of Wilm, Water Division|
|Mr. Jim Bayard, Jr.||Alapocas|
|Ms. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Rob Clemens||TMA, Delaware|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II Maint. Org.|
|Hon Charles Copeland||State Sen., 4th Dist.|
|Mr. Bill Tansey||NCC Council|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
|Mr. Mark Tudor||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 9:00 am and no additions or revisions made to the minutes of February 27th.>/p>
Bill Stewart reported:
Contract 22-106-01 - SR141, US202 - West Side Improvements Project
- Construction of the geogrid reinforced slope system along Relocated Rockland Road is ongoing.
- Installation of the ductwork in the utility corridor for the communication companies is nearly complete.
- Installation of the relocated water and gas mains in the utility corridor is ongoing.
- Relocation of the Conectiv Electric facilities began this month.
- Landscape plantings are scheduled to begin in late April.
- Blasting of rock to accommodate for the proposed storm pipes, ponds, utilities and Temporary Roadway is substantially complete.
- Placement of road base stone for Temporary Road No. 1 will begin in late April.
The need to close Augustine Cut-off for the proposed waterline tie-in will not be required under this contract. The City of Wilmington - Water is working with the Department to design a revised tie-in scenario that will be less disruptive to the Alapocas residents and traveling public. The community is reminded that a closure will be required when traffic is switched onto Temporary Road No. 1 as part of the next contract.
Contract 20-106-01 - Building Demolition - 1525 Concord Pike
Demolition of the former Kehtron Computer building began this date. The demolition of this structure will accommodate for early action utility relocations along future Connector 'D'.
Blasting is expected to be completed by the end of April. Rock formations tend to be haphazard and crop up unexpected.
It was announced that although the advertising for the next contract has been delayed for two weeks, the actual construction is still expected to be on schedule in August.
Demolition of the Weldon-Husband's house has been held up. A demolition permit is expected within the next 3-4 months.
The next Public Workshop is scheduled for Monday evening, June 9, 2003.
It was discussed that the facing of the bridges will be of stone with no design treatment and no formliners.
DNREC will start work on the Greenway Trail as soon as the weather breaks and the contract for work on the barn is expected next month, with work beginning in the fall.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 10:10 with the next meeting scheduled to be held on Thursday morning at 9:00 am, April 24th.