Date: April 21, 2004
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: March 24, 2004 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Hon. Greg Lavelle||State Rep.-11th Dist.|
|Mr. Jim Bayard, Jr.||Alapocas|
|Mr. Daniel Bockover||CCOBH|
|Mr. Charles King||CCOBH|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Don Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. James Neel||Entity Services Group LLC|
|Mr. Jim Parks||Delaforum|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
|Mr. Harry Gamble||McCormick Taylor|
|Mr. Richard White||Archaeologist, McCormick Taylor|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 am and after introductions the minutes of the previous meeting were approved.
Richard White, Lead Archaeologist on the Weldin Ruin Archaeological Dig Site, spoke briefly to the group about the significant finds recently unearthed at the site. He had several of the items on-hand to display and explain to the group.
The demolition permit for the Weldin Husband's House has been submitted and usually takes about six weeks to be approved.
Restoration on the Blue Ball Dairy Barn is now underway. There will be some asbestos and lead paint removal required, and a public notice will be released informing residents when the removal will take place.
Several of the holly trees planted along the berm on the West Park have died. Bill Stewart explained that all plantings come with a three-year guarantee and once a year the dead foliage will be removed and replaced. There will also be some hydroseeding done at the site to address dead and drying grass issues.
Guardrail installation on the south end of Temporary Road No. 1 is complete. Areas of the bike path not protected by guardrail are considered outside the clear zone.
An issue of pothole problems along Route 202 from Augustine Cutoff to I-95 was brought up. The matter was referred to North Maintenance.
Bill Stewart provided the following construction update:
Phase 1 - West Side Improvements
- Landscape plantings for the Fall season are complete. A Spring inspection will be scheduled to perform plant maintenance and necessary replacements.
- Verizon crews continue to perform the "circuit throw" into the utility corridor. This operation will place all their new cables installed underground along Temporary Road No. 1 into service. In order to perform this work, Verizon will be accessing a manhole along US202 in the vicinity of I-95. Splicing work in this manhole will require closure of the left lane along SB US202 at Augustine Cut-off and the left lane along NB US202 north of Broom Street. Verizon is currently working 14 hours per day, 7 days per week to complete this work. Splicing work is anticipated to continue until the end of March. Cable removal and manhole abandonment are scheduled to begin in April.
Phase 2 - US202 Reconstruction
- Excavation for future Ramp F/G is ongoing.
- Installation of the new water main along Relocated Weldin Road is ongoing.
- Comcast Cable and Cavalier Telephone are performing the installation of their aerial facilities along Connector 'D'. Splicing work is scheduled to be complete by the end of April.
- Conectiv Power & Delivery - Electric has energized their new electric lines (underground and aerial). Stripping of the old wires is ongoing.
- Conectiv Power & Delivery - Gas is preparing to tie-in the new gas main along Connector 'D'. Tie-in work will require a right lane closure along Foulk Road for the next several weeks. This work will include a controlled burn-off at Augustine Cut-off in order to abandon the main along existing US202 and Foulk Road. Tie-in and abandonment work is scheduled to be complete by mid-April.
- Fabrication for the concrete beams for US202 over East Park Drive and US202 over SR141 is ongoing.
- Fabrication for the proposed sign structures on US202 is ongoing.
- Box-out, placement of stone for the north and south tie-ins to the Temporary Road No. 1 is ongoing.
- The installation of underground utilities along US202, between Powder Mill Road and the Rollins Building, is ongoing.
- Installation of the temporary lighting along Temporary Road No. 1 is scheduled to begin in early April. Temporary lighting will be installed on wooden poles.
- Installation of new storm pipe along Connector 'D' and Relocated Weldin Road is scheduled to begin in early April.
- Box-out, placement of stone and pavement along Connector 'D' and Relocated Weldin Road is scheduled to begin in early April.
Based on best available information at this time, the traffic switch from existing US202 onto Temporary Road No. 1 is scheduled to occur in late May / early June. Construction of the new bridges at US202 over East Park Drive and US202 over SR141 is scheduled to begin in late June / early July.
Representatives of DelDOT were invited to speak at the next CCOBH Meeting, which will be held at the Brandywine High School on Thursday, May 13th at 7 pm.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:10 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday morning, April 29th at 8:00 am.