Date: March 1, 2007
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Dairy Barn
Re: Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Nicholas Hetrick||DelDOT|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM Harris|
|Mr. Bob King||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bob informed group that DNREC was officially dedicating the Blue Ball Dairy Barn later that morning and would be opening the barn to the general public on Saturday, March 3, 2007 from noon to 4 P.M..
Jim Bayard questioned the status of sign installation throughout the Blue Ball projects. He was advised that crews from DelDOT Traffic are currently on site installing the remaining signs and they should be completed by March 16th.
For the next meeting, the Group asked if Mark Tudor could provide an update on the traffic calming design issues along Augustine Cutoff. Bob will check on Mark's availability.
Nick updated the status of Contract #3East (Eastside Improvements):
- Work is substantially complete
- Contractor is working on the punch list
- The pedestrian bridge that will allow the Greenway trail to cross Matson Run will be installed shortly
- A Final Inspection will be scheduled in the spring
Nick updated the status of Contract #3West (US 202, I-95 to Augustine Cutoff):
- The ramp of US 202 SB to I-95 SB has been relocated and completed
- The excavation of the storm water management pond is ongoing and should be complete in the next 2 months
- Work continues on the new round-a-bout and West Park Drive
- Widening work along SB 202 between Augustine Cutoff and I-95 is ongoing
- It is anticipated the that Augustine Cutoff Traffic switch onto West Park Drive and associated closing of it's intersection with US 202 will begin in Mid-April. The group will be briefed on it's status at the next working group meeting
- Detour s will be available at the next meeting
- Detour s will be posted on the website as the time grows closer
- Utility relocations on the project are currently underway and include Verizon, Level 3 Communications and Delmarva Gas
Bruce updated the status of Contract #4 (SR-141/US202, Independence Mall to AstraZeneca):
- The majority of work associated with the reconstruction of the Powder Mill Road/Children's Drive intersection has been completed. Reconstruction of AstraZeneca's entrance in this area is on-going and should be completed by early spring.
- Work along the US202 southbound widening (in front of AstraZeneca) was delayed due to a conflict with a Level 3 Communications duct bank. Level 3 crews are currently on-site performing the necessary relocation. Construction of the new pavement along this area is tentatively scheduled to begin on or about April 2nd.
- AstraZeneca's new SR-141 Spur entrance has been completed and is open to traffic.
- Median work along US202, from Independence Mall to AstraZeneca, will begin this spring and will take approximately 3 months to complete.
- Work along Murphy Road will also begin in the spring. As the result of a drainage revision, the process will now be less impactive to traffic and work will be completed quicker than anticipated.
- At this time, we anticipate that all remaining Contract #4 work will be completed by early July 2007.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:15 am with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 29, 2007 at 8:00 am.