Date: March 18, 2004
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: February 26, 2004 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Hon. Charles Copeland||State Sen., 4th Dist.|
|Mr. Jim Bayard, Jr.||Alapocas|
|Mr. Charles King||CCOBH|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Don Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. James Neel||Entity Services Group LLC|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. William Stewart||DelDOT|
|Mr. Harry Gamble||McCormick Taylor|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 am and after introductions the minutes of the previous meeting were approved.
Bob King informed the group of the discovery of several archival photographs dating from 1927 showing views of the Weldin farmhouse, barn and outbuildings. Bob also informed the group of archeological discoveries at the Weldin site. These consisted of several coins, as well as a gilded military button, a Linked States George Washington Inaugural Button dated 1789, and a gilded pin that states, "For President 1864." The artifacts are in excellent condition and are considered to be quite rare. Bob then informed the group about the location of his new office, as well as new telephone number (302-760-2074) and fax number (302-739-2029).
The next Public Workshop will be held on Monday evening, May 17 at the Brandywine High School.
Bill Stewart provided the following construction update:
Phase 1 - West Side Improvements
- Landscape plantings for the Fall season is complete. A Spring inspection will be scheduled to perform plant maintenance and necessary replacements.
- Verizon, Comcast Cable and Cavalier Telephone are placing, splicing their new communication cables along the Utility Corridor.
- Verizon is scheduled to begin their "circuit throw" into the utility corridor on March 4, 2004. This operation will place into service all their new cables installed underground along Temporary Road No. 1. In order to perform this work, Verizon will be accessing a manhole along US202 in the vicinity of I-95. Splicing work in this manhole will require closure of the left lane along SB US202 at Augustine Cut-off and the left lane along NB US202 north of Broom Street. Due to the nature of this work, Verizon anticipates working 24-hours-per-day, 7-days-per-week. Splicing work is anticipated to continue for approximately 3 weeks. Message boards will be placed to announce this work.
Phase 2 - US202 Reconstruction
- The mailing address and phone numbers for the project field office are:
4351 Weldin Road
Wilmington, DE 19803
- Removal of Stockpile No. 1 (adjacent to the Dairy Barn) is complete.
- Removal of Stockpile No. 2 (adjacent to future East Park Drive) is complete.
- Excavation for future Ramp F/G is ongoing.
- Installation of the new water main along Relocated Weldin Road is ongoing.
- Comcast Cable and Cavalier Telephone are performing the installation of their aerial facilities along Connector 'D'.
- Conectiv Power & Delivery - Electric has energized their new electric lines (underground and aerial). Stripping of the old wires is ongoing.
- Fabrication for the concrete beams for US202 over East Park Drive and US202 over SR141 is ongoing.
- Fabrication for the proposed sign structures on US202 is ongoing.
- Installation of the temporary lighting along Temporary Road No. 1 is scheduled to begin in late March.
- Installation of new storm pipe along Connector 'D' and Relocated Weldin Road is scheduled to begin in late March.
- Box-out, placement of stone and pavement along Connector 'D' and Relocated Weldin Road is scheduled to begin in early April.
- Box-out, placement of stone and pavement for the north and south tie-ins to the Temporary Road No. 1 is scheduled to begin in early April.
- Construction of the new bridges at US202 over East Park Drive and US202 over SR141 is scheduled to begin in late June / early July.
Based on best available information at this time, the traffic switch from existing US202 onto Temporary Road No. 1 is scheduled to occur in late May / early June.
Mark Tudor met with Jim Bayard and community residents of Alapocas regarding speed inhibitors by Edgewood Road. This has been referred to Traffic Studies, who will investigate this situation.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 8:45 am with the next meeting scheduled for March 25 at 8:00 am.