Date: February 25, 2005
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Blue Ball Construction Field Office
Re: February 24, 2005 - Construction Working Group (Meeting Minutes) 8:00 am @ Construction Site Trailer
|Mr. Jim Bayard||Alapocas|
|Mrs. Margaret Bramble||Deerhurst|
|Mr. Donald Criscuolo||Alapocas II|
|Mr. Bruce Kay||DMJM & Harris|
|Mrs. Angela Helfman||Kramer & Assoc.|
|Mr. Vernon Lawton||DelDOT|
|Mr. Robert King||DelDOT|
|Ms. Jen Epler||DelDOT|
Meeting was called to order at 8:00 a.m.
Bruce Kay explained to the group that, despite the recent cold weather and snow, work has progressed. The following construction update was then provided:
US202 over SR-141 Bridge Structure
- Concrete placement for the abutment foundations is ongoing and should be completed within the next few weeks.
- The contractor began erecting formwork and placing concrete for the south abutment stem walls.
US202 over East Park Drive Bridge Structure
- Blasting is complete; however, the actual removal of rock is still ongoing.
- Placement of sub-foundation concrete is ongoing.
- Concrete placement for the north abutment foundation is scheduled to begin today, and will continue for the next 3 - 4 weeks
Ramp "G"/Weldin Ruins Wall
- Concrete placement is now complete. The Contractor continued use of propane heaters and insulated blankets so that the pours could continue through the winter months.
- Stone masonry work has resumed and will continue as long as the weather permits.
Ramp "A" Wall
- No activity this month.
- Contractor is currently preparing submittals for the Textured Wall Finish and samples should be available by late March/early April.
- Installation of storm sewer system along US202 and SR-141 Spur is ongoing.
- Grading, placement of roadway base material, paving, etc. has been suspended for the winter.
- The subcontractor constructing the concrete curb is scheduled to resume work along US 202 on or about March 14 th, and paving is tentatively scheduled to resume by the end of March.
- Early Action clearing work for Contract #4 (in the vicinity of proposed SR-141 Spur and Children's Drive) is ongoing. This work is required for various utility relocations.
- Early Action clearing work for Contract #4 embankment construction (in the vicinity of proposed SR-141 Spur, behind Rockland Center Two/Nemours Health Clinic) is ongoing. This work is being performed in advance of the mainline embankment construction due to a settlement "quarantine" period.
After the update, Bob Weiner inquired about a possible entrance to Independence Mall from Connector "D". Prior to today's meeting, this request was discussed with the Design Engineer, who advised that it would not be possible for numerous reasons (too close to the intersection; close proximity to existing bollards and the corner of building; Connector "D" tie-in geometry). Mr. Weiner then asked about an entrance closer to Foulk Road (in the vicinity of the previously constructed entrance to the cemetery from Connector "D"). This option will be reviewed with the Design Engineer and Mark Tudor (DelDOT Project Manager).
Mr. Weiner also inquired about the status of sidewalk construction along Foulk Road. Mr. Kay advised that a plan revision, which includes the sidewalk in question, has been prepared and is pending right-of-way clearance.
Ralph Bayrer inquired about the hot-mix overlay of the I-95 off ramp to US 202 northbound. This work was to be added to Blue Ball Contract #2; however, it could not be completed prior to the winter shutdown of the hot-mix plants. Mr. Bayrer was advised that the current status is unknown; however, an update will be available by the next meeting.
The Working Group was advised that Contract #4 has been awarded to Richard E. Pierson Construction Company and work should begin by mid April.
Being no further business, the meeting was adjourned at 9:00 am, with the next meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 31, 2005 at 8:00 am.