1300 feet, along the southbound side of SR 896, from the intersection with Porter Rd. and Glasgow Ave. and also 1150 feet east of the same intersection along Porter road.
This is identified in the 2010 Hazard Elimination Program (HEP) as site V. The project is designed to improve intersection safety and operation.
Project improvements include:
- Improve safety at intersections by modifying the current turning movement on eastbound Porter Road. The lane configuration will be changed to one dedicated left and one dedicated thru lane.
- The left hand turn lane on Porter Road will be extended by removing the concrete median.
- Widening and the addition of an auxiliary lane along SR 896 southbound between Glasgow Ave. and the entrance to the church.
- Lengthening of the left turn lane from northbound SR 896 onto Glasgow Ave.
- Removal of the acceleration lane along eastbound Porter road at SR 896.
- Design work to be completed in Summer 2013.