DelDOT endeavors to comply with the ADA through implementation of accessibility technical requirements described in the "Standards for Accessible Design"
(issued as the "ADA Accessibility Guidelines - ADAAG") enforced by the U.S. Department of Justice and the U.S. Department of Transportation.
DelDOT has adopted many of the features described in the federal accessibility standards in the Department's Design Standards. Since March 15, 2012,
compliance with the 2010 Standards is required for new construction and alterations.
The Americans with Disabilities Act is a federal civil-rights statute that protects the rights of people with disabilities. Here you can learn more about ADA and how DelDOT is working to comply with this important statute.
- DelDOT Pedestrian Accessibility Standards, Facilities in the Public Right of Way (Adopted 10-21-2015).
- Overview Pedestrian Accessibility Standards Presentation
- DelDOT ADA Transition Plan
- ADA Grievance Policy
- ADA Grievance Policy Flowchart
- Memorandum of Agreement Pave and Rehab Right-of-Way Certification Compliance
- DelDOT Sidewalk Maintenance Policy
- ADA Title II Regulations
- U.S. Department of Transportation - Civil Rights
- United States Access Board
- Federal Transit Administration
- Section 504 Rehabilitation Act
- Architectural Barriers Act
State of Delaware Department of Transportation
Office of External Civil Rights
800 Bay Road • Dover, DE 19901
Phone: 302.760.2035 Fax: 302.739.2254