- Press Releases
- Detour/Travel Info
- Addl Info
- DelDOT Announces I-495 is Now Open in Both DirectionsWilmington -- The northbound lanes of I-495 through Wilmington were reopened to traffic today following the successful realignment...
Emergency Bridge Closure on I-495 over the Christina River
Interstate 495 in both northbound and southbound directions will be closed over the Christina River Bridge between Exit 2 and Exit 3 for emergency bridge work; Exit 2 is NB I-495 at Terminal Avenue, Exit 3 is SB I-495 at 12th Street.
Additional closure points will be:
- 12th Street ramp onto I-495 South
- Terminal Avenue ramp onto I-495 North
- US13 northbound ramp to I-495 North
- I-295 southbound ramp to I-495 NB
Interstate thru traffic is to use I-95 to avoid delays. Local traffic can use I-495; however no access across the bridge will be available.
I-495 SB @ 12th Street:
- West on 12th Street to Spruce Street south; South on Spruce Street to Christiana Avenue south; South on Christiana Avenue to Terminal Avenue west; West on Terminal Avenue to I-495 south ramp.
I-495 NB @ Terminal Avenue:
- I-495 North to Exit 2 Terminal Avenue; Terminal Avenue West to Route 9 south (New Castle Avenue); South on Route 9 to I-295 south; South I-295 to I-95 north; North I-95 to points north (Pennsylvania)
Trucker Route Information to Terminal Avenue from I-95 South:
- I-95 South to I-295 North (New Castle / DE Memorial Bridge); I-295 North to Route 9 (Wilmington); North Route 9 to Terminal Avenue