Motorists Enjoyed Trouble Free Thanksgiving Holiday at Delaware Toll Plaza's
Dover -- This past Thanksgiving holiday, local and long-distance travelers experienced no disruptions in their journey through Delaware's three main toll plazas on I-95 and State Route 1. During the four-day period over 528,744 vehicle trips were counted at the I-95 Newark Plaza, while more than 430,000 vehicle trips were counted at the Dover and Biddle's Corner locations on Route 1. It is estimated that over $2.86 million in revenue was collected during the holiday at Delaware's toll plazas.
Free E-ZPass Transponder
As a reminder the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) is still offering a special deal through December 31. All customers opening a new individual E-ZPass account will receive a free transponder for their vehicle, which normally would cost $15.
The free E-ZPass transponder promotion is open to residents of any state. The goal of the free transponder offer for new account holders is to increase the E-ZPass utilization rates at Delaware toll sites on Route 1 and I-95. Commercial accounts and "On-the-Go" sales are not eligible for the free transponder.
There are many easy and convenient ways for you to open a new account and receive a free E-ZPass transponder:
*Visit the Delaware E-ZPass Customer Service Center in person at 26 Old Rudnick Lane in Dover.
* Call the Delaware E-ZPass Customer Service Center at 1-888-397-2773.
* Go to E-ZPass Delaware and click on "Get E-ZPass"
* Visit the I-95 Newark Toll Plaza, 1200 Whitaker Road, in Newark; open 24/7.
* Visit the Biddle's Corner Toll Plaza, 2111 DuPont Highway, in Middletown; open 24/7.
* Visit the Dover Toll Plaza, 200 Plaza Drive in Dover; open 24/7.
* For more information or to sign up for a new account, please visit E-ZPass Delaware
2013 THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY TRAFFIC COUNTS (reflecting a 24-hour period count with E-Z Pass percentage on each day)
I-95, Newark Toll Plaza
Route 1, Biddle's Corner Toll Plaza
Route 1, Dover Toll Plaza