Delaware DMV Awards TransCore $30 Million, 3-Year Customer Service Center Technology Upgrade Contract
The First State to become first in nation to combine E-ZPass Customer Service & Division of Motor Vehicles Call Center
Dover -- After a competitive bid process, TransCore, was awarded a $30 million, three-year base term contract with multiple extension options to update and expand the Delaware Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) and E-ZPass Customer Service Centers. The system will be installed in parallel with the existing service center operations while relocating to a new DMV facility in downtown Dover which is expected to be opened in early 2014.
"During our review of multiple vendors, TransCore provided the best value, lowest risk, and the most creative approach in meeting our project requirements to update our customer service center capabilities and enhanced services we offer our customers," explained Jennifer Cohan, DMV Director.
The Delaware E-ZPass Customer Service Center maintains and supports more than 195,000 active accounts and process more than 109,700 wireless toll transactions, 1,300 calls and more than 3,000 violation transactions every day. With this volume of activity and the additional capacity to support the DMV, customer account management systems needed to be updated to meet demand.
The E-ZPass Customer Service Center currently utilizes TransCore's Customer Account Management System (CAMS) and the new contract will include upgrades to that system, such as:
* Enhanced violations processing services (VPS), and new interactive voice response (IVR) and Web services;
* Enhanced IVR functionality for accepting violation credit card payments and for accepting automated clearinghouse (ACH) customer account payments;
* Enhanced IVR functionality and new Web chat functionality for DMV customers;
* Enhanced automatic replenishment recalculation, violation, and V-Toll processing;
* Expand Delaware DMV Call Center services with phone system enhancements;
* Enhanced hardware and system platform for processing and disaster recovery as well as disaster recovery storage and network upgrades.
The contract includes numerous performance and quality metrics to be met on a regular basis. These standards extend across all areas of DMV operations from customer service, transponder fulfillment, transaction file processing, violations processing, financial accounting, reconciliation, and system availability.
TransCore has served the Department of Transportation for more than 24 years and is the most experienced provider of toll collection systems in North America. Through its service to toll agencies over the past 79 years, the company has been at the forefront of some of the most technologically advanced and proven toll collection solutions available.